We are naturally drawn to visuals- let's face it, people would rather look at a pretty picture than read a massive block of text. The images you use for your Digital Marketing and Social Media are important as they reflect your business and how people see it. Take a look at your favourite brands and you'll see what they all have in common...clear branding and great images used for content marketing.
Users are more likely to engage with a brand that posts photos than any other media and it's been proven that photos on Facebook will generate about 53% more likes than a standard post. Start investing- get a wide variety of professional photographs of your venue, food, your staff, events...you may even look into having someone dedicated to creating visual content for your marketing. When you create your own original content with powerful imagery, you have more chance for it to be shared versus sharing everybody else's.
When posting images, ensure that:
- The resolution quality is high
- It is eye catching or engaging
- The post being promoted matches the picture and your branding/style
- The image is designed to the medium's guidelines (for example Cover Photos have some no text zones)
- Ensure to place your logo on the picture so that people know where the content is originally from (especially when it is being shared by others)
Need help? Subscribe to our Blog on the right and receive free Social Media Image Templates for your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.