Our clients are always asking us how to build their marketing database as email consistently outperforms in conversions in comparison to other mediums. It's very important to increase your contacts' list as your existing database degrades 22.5% every year due to opt-out practices, address changes or when they abandon an email completely. Here's our list of tips to boost quality and quantity:
- First thing's first...give them a reason to sign up to your database, whether it be exclusive content, VIP events, special offers, discounts or gifts.
- Instead of listing a contact email address on your website, place enquiry forms on your website. This way you are receiving messages and at the same time getting customer data to include in your mailing list.
- In venue sign up: once again give them a reason to sign up. Have collateral in bill folders, a business card draw or have designated staff collecting data.
- Allow for online sales: when a prepaid purchase is made for reservations or event tickets, ROLLER captures important information such as full name, mobile number and e-mail address which you can download CSV format to add to your database.
- Customer feedback is a great way to confirm email addresses while maintaining customer relations and getting constructive feedback. After your guest's reservation, send them a follow up email with an online survey link.
- Competitions are a great way to promote something specific as well as capture data- just make sure to set up a method of collection either by creating an online form or Facebook app.
- Offering free wi-fi in your venue can encourage customers to stay longer, purchase more and for more return visits. Make the most of this investment by making sign ups mandatory to utilise the free service and then promote venue offers and events once they have logged in.
- Go Viral- our ROLLER products have an invite functionality for guestlists, offers, experiences and tickets whereby your patrons can become promoters for your business, encouraging people to purchase or register on a guestlist whereby they sign up with their data.
- Encourage sharing in your emails and websites- having buttons to "Email to a friend" or social sharing buttons so that people can directly tweet or share to their social accounts.