Everyone loves discounts...who doesn't love saving a bit of money? Discounts are a great way to either drive sales during quieter times, reward your loyal customers or get some new ones.
Here are our 5 tips on how to use discounts as part of your promotions:
- Early Bird discounts- encourage undecided customers to purchase early especially since it's only available for limited time. Perfect for events or special offers
- Exclusivity- send a promotion whereby only a segment of your database (for example your VIP clients) can receive a discount code for your next event or special offer. They will feel rewarded and it encourages them to return to your venue
- Getting new customers- this tactic is often used in retail and can definitely be applied to hospitality, leisure and tourism. Encourage people to sign up to your mailing list by offering them a discount code
- Cross promotions- find businesses that are different to yours but that attract the same customers. Offer to promote their business to your customers, if they do the same in return. Discount codes is a great way to encourage new customers to purchase something from you
- Upsell- discounts can bring people to visit your site and view everything that you have to offer. With add-ons available on premium accounts, you also have the option to offer additional products or services they might be interested in. The price can either be bundled together with the discount for more savings or can be set to be only available for the main product
Remember, don't rely on using discounts all the time as it can devalue your brand and make it difficult to sell at full price.