Over the last year, Instagram has proven to be powerful channel and best of all, it's FREE. But do you know how to turn your online fans into real life customers?
Make the most of your Gramming skills with these hot tips:
- Fill out your bio. Remember to KISS as in keep it simple, stupid! Don't be afraid to show personality, highlight important facts about your brand such as opening hours, phone number and definitely have a link to your website
- Get shooting- get a professional photographer to take photos that you can utilise for your Social Media or do it DIY style and take shots throughout the week...just make sure it's creative/interesting or showcases your business well. Use angles, good lighting and choose a filter to pretty it up. Great photos will generate more likes and comments.
- The caption is just as important as the photo. Be creative, tell a story, show off your personality- always be entertaining. Bonus points if you use emoticons.
- Create a #Hashtag for your brand and use other relevant and popular hashtags. If you own a restaurant, you would use #foodporn for those drool inducing food spreads
- Location, location, location! Tag your business address as well as using hashtags with your suburb or city so that locals can find you and your content.
- Interact and build up your followers - search through Instagram with the hashtag of your business name and find users who've been to your venue. Like and comment on their image, they'll appreciate it and if the photo is great, you have new content that you can regram to your own account
- Get in touch with influencers- people with a large following, such as bloggers, media personalities or publishers. Invite them to your venue for free in exchange for a post to their IG account. Hot tip- you can direct message them on Instagram.
- Use FOMO to your advantage, create a sense of urgency such as time sensitive offers or specials. No quicker way than getting more actual traffic than by putting a deadline on it.