The race that stops the nation. The Spring Racing Carnival is a week long celebration including imbibing, fashion and gambling on sport. Here's how your venue can partake in the Melbourne Cup Carnival:
- Transfers to and from the race on major race days. Sell tickets for coach transfers from Flemington to your venue, to guarantee early attendance to your after party. Having prepaid tickets eliminate the risk of no shows, but make sure to sweeten the deal with an enticing offer.
- Show off your package! Create pre and post Spring Racing packages to bring in the crowd in when the race isn't on: champagne breakfasts, bus/limo transfers, booth or drink packages for afterwards
- Host a live screening of the race. Make sure that you have plenty of screens and other activities so that the atmosphere is lively; whether it be entertainment, photo booths and the like. Either offer a set lunch course or just have the kitchen open so people can order a-la-carte.
- Appeal to racegoers with a special offer- 'Win or lose, exchange your Derby Day ticket for a glass on champagne on arrival" or if you're feeling a bit cheeky: "Show your losing ticket for your first drink on us."
- With Cup Day being a public holiday, throw a Cup Eve Bash. Public holidays will always give people a reason to party!